A couple of things I tried out today:
- I outlined a short story. Okay, I’ve done this over a couple of days. Having the outline there gave me a sense of comfort. Once I started writing, I didn’t follow the outline, but the heart of the story is the same.
- I wrote the first draft of the short story in one setting. I’ve read over and over again from different artists about how they like to get the first draft down as quickly as possible. Will it work? Who knows? Everything is an experiment.
- Tried grocery delivery from a new place. I’ve ordered groceries delivered before, but not from this spot. So. It was an experiment. It’s always something good to have in the back pocket in case I need to have groceries delivered.
- I took a writing class. Now, it’s been a minute since I’ve done that. It consisted mostly of writing exercises which were fun.
- I’m trying out two new-to-me nut butters. I gotta keep moving forward and finding healthier options to eat.
Things might work. They may not. Gotta keep experimenting until I find out what does.